Drag thumbnails to scroll
Gotham Magazine celebrates NYC Wine & Food Festival - at Dominique Ansel Bakery
Mixologist: Sean McClure
- 2 oz. Karlsson’s Gold vodka
- ½ oz. Amontillado sherry (Lusteau)
- ¼ oz. Rothman & Winter St. Elizabeth Allspice dram
- ¼ oz. Burned Demerara sugar syrup ***
- 1 Tincture Bob’s Vanilla bitters
- ¼ oz. Vanilla powder
- 1 Egg white
In a Boston shaker combine all liquid ingredients in a shaker without ice and dry shake for 10-12 shakes to blend the egg whites. Once blended add cracked ice and shake vigorously for 30 seconds and strain into a frozen 4 ½ oz. coupe glass. Let the cocktail settle and sprinkle with the vanilla powder.
BURNED DEMERARA SUGAR SYRUP
Yield: 1 pt.
INGREDIENTS & EQUIPMENT
- ½ lb. Demerara sugar (sugar in the raw)
- 2 c. Water
- Blow torch
- Immersion blender
In a wide bottom saucepot add the sugar and brulè it until just burned. Add the water to the pot and simmer until it is dissolved. Use an immersion blender to break up the chunks of burned sugar. Strain the syrup through a fine mesh sieve and store covered in the refrigerator. It should keep for a while.